It’s a tough world out there people. A lot of people are self-interested. We live in a selfish generation. We always seem to be seeking bigger and better. We’re always “plugged in”; whether its to our iPods, computers, cell phones, or televisions. It’s hard to hear your own thoughts and heart in such a loud and noisy world. It’s easy to get caught up in the latest gadgets and trends. Sometimes I just want to silence all the invasive “noise”.
It’s harder than ever to feel loved in our society. We are so impersonal. We communicate more and more though technology and less and less in person. And we all try to live up to impossible standards that bombard us from all directions. We don’t need to live up to these standards, just God’s standards, full of unconditional love.
I am calling for a plan of action. Ways to ease the burden of our demanding culture:
1. Grab your fam and decide on a day of “silence”. Turn off all electronics and enjoy each other’s company.
2. If you see someone struggling, whether its with grocery bags or dropping things, take action and help them. Your small, kind gesture could make their day, and in turn make someone else’s day better.
3. Smile more often. Smiling is contagious. Most likely if you smile at someone they will smile back. And it is said that smiling sets of some chain in the brain that makes you happier. It’s proven that people who smile more feel happier, less anxious, and more attractive.
4. Hug someone. Scientists have discovered that people who hug have lower blood pressure, increased nerve activity, and an upbeat mood. A brief hug can even reduce stress!
5. Speak words of encouragement. When things aren’t going your way, don’t continue to talk yourself down to the dumps. Instead try to focus on the positive. Speak out loud positive words. When you speak something out loud it is more likely to come true!
6. Be content where you are. If you can find happiness and be content exactly where you are right now, then nothing can touch you or bring you down.
7. Appreciate the little things. Take a second to “stop and smell the roses” so to speak. Take pleasure in warm sunshine grazing your skin, breathe in the fresh air around you, marvel at the stars in the night sky. Be thankful! Thank God you are alive and living and thriving!
8. Live in the moment. Live in the present. Don’t dwell on the past or the future. Instead, focus on what you are doing right now, at this very moment, and ask yourself, “am I enjoying myself right now?, is there something I’d rather be doing?” Go, get up, and do something right now that you truly enjoy.
Well, there you have it folks, 8 tips to get more out of your life! If you have any to add, please feel free to comment and add some input. I’d love to hear from you! Have a blessed day. God loves you. God is good!