I FINALLY understand calculus!–
Okay, well at least one section of the massive text book anyway. Miracles do happen! They past few days, I have been studying my little booty off. Everyday I’ve spent at least two hours tucked away in the corner of my local coffee shop with my laptop, notebook, and of course an iced Americano with a few pumps of sugar free syrup. (I tried the peanut butter flavor today, SO GOOD! Who would have thought right?!) Anyway, I am more than ecstatic that I finally kinda got the grasp of this calculus stuff. Hopefully I do better than an 83 on the next test 😦 !
^^^Alright, I’m finished with that little tangent I ran off on…
I thought I’d enlighten you all with the keys to a healthy lifestyle! The basic theme of these keys are K.I.S.S.–which means, keep it simple stupid! There is so much information out there, so many different techniques, but if our ancestors could be healthy with out all this science mumbo-jumbo, we can certainly figure it out too!
1. Water, water and more water! Our body’s are composed of up to 60% of water, and our brains are composed of almost 70% of water. Water = life. So grab your bottle and hydrate! It is much too easy to succumb to dehydration. They say that by the time your thirsty, you’re already dehydrated. I do not believe in the eight cups per day rule, I drink much more than that. I probably drink 8 to 12 16.9 FL water bottles per day! —yes, yes I do use the bathroom a lot. (It’s only an issue in calc class…teach gives me dirty looks when I run in and out of the 2 and a half hour class ..
sorry not sorry!?)
2. Do not starve yourself! Allowing yourself to skip meals in order to lose weight is ultimately counterproductive. Not only will you be a grouchy, miserable mess, but you will most likely overeat at your next meal. You will cause our metabolism to go out of whack, and slow down. Your body will eventually take to consuming your muscles for fuel, not fat. You will cause your body to need less calories because you will go into starvation mode, and this will eventually cause you to stop losing any weight. When you go into starvation mode and are malnourished your hair will start to fall out, stress fractures will come about more easily, and your thyroid can also stop working properly!
3. Eat regularly! Eating every 2 to 3 hours will keep your metabolism up and running. It will also keep you happy and healthy :). When you eat regularly, your body knows more calories are going to be consumed. So, instead of storing those calories of fat, it burns them as fuel. This will also allow you to stabilize your blood sugar and energy, and it will prevent you from overeating. I eat at regular intervals throughout the day.
My day essentially looks like this:
630: Hardboiled egg, oatmeal with one tablespoon of pb, coffee, and maybe a pumpkin protein bar.
930: Either chobani yogurt with apple slices or a protein shake
12:30: Giant salad, lots of veggies, some type of lean protein, and a rice cake/almonds.
3:30: Usually a protein bar with an iced coffee —yes I do realize I drink too much coffee!
5:30-6: Giant salad, veggies, some type of lean protein
7: pb on a low carb wrap
9: Either another chobani or protein shake –sometimes some protein cereal by Kay’s Naturals or Arctic Zone Ice cream!
4. Workout for at least 30 minutes per day! This is an obvious key to health for obvious reasons. Working out releases endorphins and makes you happy. It speeds up your metabolism. It gets your heart pumping. It relieves stress. It causes you to focus better on tasks afterwards. Working out has been proven to be just as effective as depression meds! Get up and get moving! Make it part of your daily routine. If you can brush your teeth everyday, you can workout. How bad do you want it? I wake up at 5 am before my calc class! Why!?!? Because I feel better and more alert in class; I focus better and feel better about the rest of my day in general. If you want it bad enough, you will find a way to fit it into your day.
5. Practice positive thinking. Negative thoughts will only drag you down. The brain is a very powerful thing. That’s why some people can think themselves into depression, anxiety, panic–and some people can be hypnotized to quit smoking or lose weight. It is all about your mindset. Mind over matter. If you think positive about exercising and health, and you associate psotive things with exercise and healthy eating–you will be more likely to succeed!
And that last picture is just because its cute! 😉
Well, thats all for now! Hope you can all go out and conquer your day today. Be proactive, and make positive changes in your lives. It’s your life. You are in control. You can control your health and lifestyle. Start small and keep it simple stupid! You are a child of the most high God, and he will endeavor to help you conquer your goals and dreams if you only ask!
Love you all! God loves you all. Have a blessed day! 🙂